Monday, November 10, 2008

Final Training Ride - Tour of the Potomac

Well, on Saturday we had our final training ride. 85 miles, three states, three trails, 7 hours, a very welcome beer, and some lime Tostitos, we achieved victory, and had time for a team picture:
Literally over a river (we had to take a ferry at one point) and through the woods, it was a surprisingly grueling ride with a lot of long hills. The slopes were not too steep, but they just kept going on...and on...and on.

View Interactive Map on MapMyRide.com

Nearly the whole team was there, as Coach Mark and Coach Ed threatened us with bodily harm if we didn't show up, which made it a great capstone ride for all of us. For 4 of us it was the longest distance we had ever ridden (me included).

If you had asked me at the beginning of this whether I thought I could do it, I would have said no. But thanks to the support of my Team, and thanks to the knowledge I was riding to raise money to cure blood cancers, I did it. We're having a fundraiser on Wednesday to try and meet my fundraising goal, but if you can't make it, I hope you will consider donating now to help save lives!

Here are some pictures from the road this weekend...only a week and a half until El Tour de Tucson and 109 miles!!!

No comments: